My latest quilt project
This weekend, I finished the last of the Exchange Blocks. After the last few months of sewing quilt blocks in other people's colors and fabrics, I decided to start a new quilt in blues and jewel tones - my favorite quilt colors.

Here is the first block (made of four blocks set together) for my new quilt. I used this pattern several years ago for a quilt for Catherine in turquoise, teal, purple, and orange. In Block Exchange this year, Georgia had us sew a variation of this block in repros, so I thought I'd revisit the pattern in a new colorway.
The pattern goes by a number of names: All Hands Around, Snow Crystals, Captive Beauty, Heavenly Stars, Stars and Cubes, and Victory Stars. When I sewed this pattern for Catherine's quilt, I used diamond pieces (like a LeMoyne Star), but this time I opted for the half-square triangle method that Georgia used in her block.
Labels: Quilt


3 Comments:
That's really pretty!
By
Marg, at 6:53 PM
Looks neat - lots of pieces......
By
Linda, at 7:50 PM
Love it, Ruth -- and your color selection. Daisy
By
Anonymous, at 12:42 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home