Quilts, Books, and Dogs

Monday, December 24, 2007

We're here!

Merry Christmas! Debbie, Catherine and I arrived at the Melbourne airport yesterday -- just 30 hours after Paul dropped us off at the Minneapolis airport. A long trip! Dianne and Sue picked us up and drove us to Ballarat where Rose, Jack, Roger, and Charlie were waiting for us. So good to see all of them again! We toured the Botanical Gardens and then had tea.

This morning we had crumpets for breakfast and now we're off to Lara for Christmas dinner at Jack and Rose's. The sun is out and it is a beautiful day! More later.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Hi, it's 9:30 pm here in Lansing on Christmas Eve. I've been checking your blog to make sure you arrived safely. Glad to hear you are there. We have realy wintery weather here. I drove to GR yesterday to my brother Jim's. It was very cold and terribly windy. It continued with high winds last night. It sounded like my house was going to blow down. I could feel the cold air every time the wind gusts came at the house. It is calmer today but still very cold. I've stayed in all day today working on the computer and watching some tv with the kitties. Tomorrow morning, Christmas morning, I will work at Advent House.
    Merry Christmas to you down under gals. Have fun, can't wait to hear all about it. Cindy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 PM  

  • Hi Ruth - so glad you've arrived safely and hope the trip wasn't too taxing! Must be Boxing Day there by now, so I hope you all had a great Christmas. What a great experience for Catherine and I hope Debbie is loving it, too!

    Will be thinking of you over the next few days, wondering if you're at Healey's or down at the fair penguins!! Give my love to all the Dukelows out there.

    Love,
    Tish
    PS - Yummy breakfast.
    PPS - not sure if this will post - as I don't remember all this identity stuff!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home