Bruce Campbell at ELFF
Last night, Tish and I went to the East Lansing Film Festival to see "My Name is Bruce." The director/actor Bruce Campbell was there in person to introduce the film and to do Q&A afterwards.
It was a sold-out crowd, and most of the people there were Bruce's "Evil Dead" fans. I think that Tish and I were the only ones in the audience who hadn't seen all of Bruce's cult films (we were probably the oldest people there too!). It was the perfect audience for us to see the movie with, though -- a really great perspective to be completely surrounded by fans who were going wild for Bruce and for the movie. The movie was totally hilarious - a campy, funny horror movie spoof, with Bruce playing himself as a horror movie actor kidnapped by a fan to battle a demon. We laughed and laughed throughout the film, and afterwards, Bruce did a great Q&A with the audience. I was still laughing about parts of the movie when I got home.
The Film Festival continues throughout the weekend. Tonight I'm going to see Shorts and a Japanese anime film, "Paprika." I'm hoping there will be a good crowd of anime fans for Paprika tonight - it's always more fun to see this kind of movie among hard-core fans. Yay!
It was a sold-out crowd, and most of the people there were Bruce's "Evil Dead" fans. I think that Tish and I were the only ones in the audience who hadn't seen all of Bruce's cult films (we were probably the oldest people there too!). It was the perfect audience for us to see the movie with, though -- a really great perspective to be completely surrounded by fans who were going wild for Bruce and for the movie. The movie was totally hilarious - a campy, funny horror movie spoof, with Bruce playing himself as a horror movie actor kidnapped by a fan to battle a demon. We laughed and laughed throughout the film, and afterwards, Bruce did a great Q&A with the audience. I was still laughing about parts of the movie when I got home.
The Film Festival continues throughout the weekend. Tonight I'm going to see Shorts and a Japanese anime film, "Paprika." I'm hoping there will be a good crowd of anime fans for Paprika tonight - it's always more fun to see this kind of movie among hard-core fans. Yay!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home