Quilts, Books, and Dogs

Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Star is Born

Debbie called with the big news last night that Catherine landed the role of "Gracie Shinn" in the Bloomington Civic theater's production of Music Man. I can't wait to take a trip to Minnesota next May to see her professional theater debut - yay! Gracie has a few speaking lines and sings with the townspeople on Wells Fargo Wagon.

On a personal note, Music Man seems to be cropping up a lot in my life this year. Last March, Debbie, Mom and Catherine came to Michigan over spring break, and we went to ELPL's production of Music Man with Linda, Alexander, Allison, and Carol Seamon. We all loved it, especially Catherine and Allison. I predict Allison will be playing Marian ten years from now. Then Tish and I saw Music Man in Stratford in the summer (another wonderful production - who knew I could actually like a musical?). And my song quilt, "Sweet Dreams," which is based on Goodnight My Someone from Music Man, is currently on display at the Michigan Women's Historical Museum. And the other day I asked someone at work what the password was for one of our databases - it was 76trombones ... (don't tell anyone).

Debbie and I first saw Music Man when we lived in Canada at Lindsey Place HS. That was years ago - back in the 60's - but I can still remember it in detail, especially laughing at the Eulalie dance numbers. Auntie Bea gave me the Music Man video for Christmas - I'll have to send it to Catherine now.

Congrats Catherine!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • How exciting!!!!!!

    Do you know where I can get a DVD of the Music Man? I'd like to give it to Allison for Christmas.

    By Blogger Linda, at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home