Quilts, Books, and Dogs

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Sewing projects







Monday was sewing project day. Catherine sewed a daisy wall quilt and a stuffed patchwork alligator. The alligator is her own design. She chose and cut the fabric herself and sewed it on the sewing machine (with a little supervision). She even fused on the eyes by herself.

The wall quilt is made from a pattern that Cindy lent us. Catherine chose all the fabrics and colors herself, ironed the fabrics, cut out the fusible pieces and did the ironing to fuse the daisies onto the quilt. I did the machine sewing but otherwise, it was all Catherine! She and Gramma pin-basted on the dining room table before I machine-quilted it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • LOVE the alligator!!!!!!

    What fun to teach the next generation of sewers.

    Keep it up Catherine......

    Linda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 PM  

  • I like my design. Thanks.

    Guess Who

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home